Porterhouse Blue
And so to Yesterday to re-visit what is arguably David Jason's greatest performance as the redoubtable porter Skully in the brilliant 1980s adaptation of Tom Sharpe's novel.
At the time this programme was considered quite naughty and controversial by the tabloids but times have changed because it's now being shown on the OAP's favourite channel Yesterday at 6.00pm.
Being a mere scrap of the lad the first time I saw it I decided to see it through adult eyes to see if it is as good as I remembered.
And it is.
As well as Jason's excellent performance there is also the brilliant Ian Richardson (best known for The House of Cards) and the real surprise the young John Sessions before he became a smug know-it-all name-dropper giving a funny and touching performance as a nerdy academic.
The final two episodes are on Saturday from 6.00pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment